rae's CODEPINK road journal

Friday, October 08, 2004

NYC: Concrete Jungle Departing

Friday morning Kyla, Ariel, and I meet up with Sonya at Café Lalo for a wonderful morning brunch. I run a bunch of errands and meet up with Sarah to talk about Students Against Silence and then meet Tzadik for tea. Tzadik and I load my stuff into a taxi, say goodbyes, and speed off for JFK, where I catch a flight on Jetblue to California. On the flight, I watch the debate, along with most of the passengers, on the little screen console in front of the seat, and I talk with an awesome flight attendant who is pro-Kerry and very well-informed, and together we dialogue with another flight attendant who is initially pro-Bush, but with time becomes undecided. The town hall debate is interesting and both candidates perform alright, but there is really no actual “dialogue” and, while the questions are pointed, Bush avoids answering them, and even makes a stupid joke about being a logger.

I get off the plane in San Jose flustered and fiery and meet my parents and together we wait for my cousins to arrive from Kansas at the same airport. They get in and we all go home together for some much needed R & R.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home