rae's CODEPINK road journal

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Can't Buy Me War

Check out this new rendition I wrote of the Beatles' "Can't Buy Me Love":

Can’t Buy Me War

Can't buy me war, war
Can't buy me war

Bush wants billions more for war to keep up the bloody fight
Bush wants billions more for war but we know that it’s not right!
'Cause I voted for you Pelosi, Pelosi can't buy me war

Our schools are broke, our parks are bare, and we need insurance too,
Our hearts are broke, our soldiers killed, and we’re all counting on you
I voted for you Pelosi, Pelosi can't buy me war

Can't buy me war, everybody knows it’s so
Can't buy me war, no no no, no

Say you aren’t going to fund the war and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want diplomacy which bombing just can't buy
I voted for you Pelosi, Pelosi can't buy me war

Can't buy me war, war
Can't buy me war... no!

Hear the song sung and performed by musician Steven Wynbrandt here:
http://www.codepinkalert.org/downloads/Cant_Buy_Me_War.m4a

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi everyone

    We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

    Please visit our little web survey

    http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

    Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

    Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
    [url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/fettabsaugung/index.html]fettabsaugung[/url]

    Pet Shop Boys surprise lucky BRITs fan with a MasterCard Priceless Gig in their living room

     

Post a Comment

<< Home