rae's CODEPINK road journal

Friday, November 05, 2004

Touch Down Cali

After an excruciating day at Chicago O'Hare, I fly across the country in style a la bulkhead first class, and land at SFO, where I'm greeted by my mom and Ariel. Homecoming to the largest liberal state in the Union. Feels so good to be back.

Friday night Ariel and I go to the Department of Peace conference in Berkeley. Marianne Williamson and Dennis Kusinich speak in inspiring tongues about the need for peace now. They fail to bring up the potentials of a stolen election, so Ariel and I rock the mike and ask about the election results. We also point out that the crowd is overwhelmingly white and middle class, which doesn't fit the "mosaic" demographic that Kusinich keeps reffering to. Problems with representation? We think so. The conference lasts until well after 10:30 p.m. once all the questions are posed and answered, and when we get home, we eagerly fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home